Provides a starting point for Japan Studies, including resources to find books, articles, newspapers, and web resources.
Last Updated: Apr 15, 2014
What Am I Searching?
Our new search allows you to search for a number of different resources, including:
- Everything from the KU Libraries Catalog: more than 4 million books, ebooks, videos, sound recordings, manuscripts, and more
- A growing collection of more than 66,000 images from KU Libraries' digital collections and beyond
- More than 7,700 articles and Open Access research from KU ScholarWorks, KU's institutional repository
You may search across these sources all at once, or limit your search to those items most interesting to you.
NOTE: not all databases important for East Asian/Japanese Studies are not included!
These are useful databases to find journal articles on Japan.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
Highly recommended. Includes citations to Western-language periodical articles pertaining to Asia.
Provides image and full-text online access of core academic journals in a variety of disciplines.
- Project MUSE
- Academic Search Complete
Featuring 8,750 of full-text journals, this scholarly collection offers coverage of information spanning a broad range of important areas of academic study.
- Wilson OmniFile full text select
Provides indexing, abstracting and full-text content to journal articles in a variety of disciplines. 1994 to present.
- Web of Science Database
Indexes and abstracts citations in research journals across the disciplinary spectrum, including online version of: Arts and humanities citation index (1975-present).
Chat is offline. Click here to submit your question via email.