Benefits of Citation Tools
This guide will provide information on citation management tools and citation generators.
Citation managment tools allow you to:
- Build a database of your references.
- Attach articles to references so that all your research is in one place.
- Store notes with references.
- Search references.
- Cite your sources in your paper with a touch of a button.
- Automatically build your bibliograhy (also called works cited/reference list).
- Easily change your citation style if needed (e.g. APA to MLA, Chicago, etc).
Citation generators allow you to:
- Create a citation and biblographic reference that you can copy and paste into your document.
NOTE: Citation generators do not save your references.
Comparing Citation Management Tools
Brian Croxall, writing for ProfHacker in the website of The Chronicle of Higher Education, compared EndNote and Zotero. Read his review here:
Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Formatting
Be sure to visit also our
Help topics for long-document formatting including:
Title and Acceptance Pages
Automatic Table of Contents
Captions for Tables, Figures, Equations
Converting to PDF