Benefits of Citation Tools
This guide will provide information on citation management tools and citation generators.
Citation managment tools allow you to:
- Build a database of your references.
- Attach articles to references so that all your research is in one place.
- Store notes with references.
- Search references.
- Cite your sources in your paper with a touch of a button.
- Automatically build your bibliograhy (also called works cited/reference list).
- Easily change your citation style if needed (e.g. APA to MLA, Chicago, etc).
Citation generators allow you to:
- Create a citation and biblographic reference that you can copy and paste into your document.
NOTE: Citation generators do not save your references.
Comparing Citation Management Tools
Instructional Design Librarian
Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Formatting
Be sure to visit also our
Help topics for long-document formatting including:
Title and Acceptance Pages
Automatic Table of Contents
Captions for Tables, Figures, Equations
Converting to PDF