As you near the end of your thesis or dissertation, having to stop and learn long document formatting probably wasn't high on your list of priorities. Taking a few minutes to learn how to do page numbering, heading styles and image captioning, however, will save you a lot of time in the long run, though. On these pages, you'll find download-able How-To guides for Mac or PC on your right, along with links to additional thesis and dissertation information from the KU Graduate School. You are also welcome to attend a live workshop on Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Formatting, to set up an individualized deskside coaching appointment, or to just call or e-mail with your questions.
Good luck with your research!
Windows 8 Quick Fixes
If you were using Snipping Tool in Microsoft Windows 7 to work with images in your thesis or dissertation, you may have a hard time finding it again if you switch to Windows 8. Click here for a forum link that gives more information on accessing it.
Missing your Start button in Windows 8? Here's a CNET link with possible solutions.
News & Events
Next ETD Workshop: Wednesday, August 20, 10:30 a.m.
For more information: Link to August 20 ETD Workshop
Advanced Formatting Guides
- Managing Footnotes in Word
- Working with Tables and Figures: PC
- Working with Tables and Figures: Mac
- Formatting third level (APA) run-in subheadings (PC)
- Formatting third-level (APA) run-in subheadings (Mac)
- Adding, Captioning and Listing Equations in Word
- Applying Running Heads in APA Style
- Easy Document Navigation
- HELP!! -- Document Style Randomly Reverts, Destroys Formatting
ETD @ KU: Grad School Links
Other Helpful Thesis and Dissertation Links
Lots more stuff for graduate students! Hover over the links below to learn more.