Choosing qualitative or quantitative research methodologies
Your research will dictate the kinds of research methodologies you use to underpin your work and methods you use in order to collect data. What kind of research methods are you going to use? Are they mostly:
- Quantitative, or qualitative, or a mixture of both?
- What do you think your methods will enable you to discover?
- What might they prevent you from discovering?
- What kinds of research methods would be best suited to the kind of research you are undertaking and the research questions you are pursuing?
- What sort of problems do you envisage in setting up these methods?
- What are their benefits?
- What will you need to do to ensure they gather useful data?