This guide will direct you to resources related to Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Since WGSS is interdisciplinary, you will need to look at a range of databases.
These databases serve as a general starting point:
Academic Search Premier
ASP contains articles on a wide range of topic including women, gender and sexuality studies..
Full text collection of journals, magazines, newsletters, regional publications, books, booklets and pamphlets, conference proceedings and governmental N-G-O and special reports devoted to women's and gender issues. Contains materials dating back to the 1970's.
If you need any sort of assistance with your research please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to help you with your research.
Reasons to contact me include (but not limited to):
- you have never used such a large library or so many databases;
- you are not sure where to start with your assignment;
- you need to bounce around ideas for your paper;
- you are having trouble figuring out how to use a database;
- you want to use material from another library but don't know how to get it;
- you don't know how to find a book and the idea of going into the stacks scares you--don't worry, once you figure out the system you will no longer be scared, I promise;
- you have lots of material for your paper/assignment and not quite sure what to do with all of it;
- you want to talk about my cats and show me pictures of your cat(s) or dog(s) or goldfish;
- you are stressed and just need to talk about your assignment.
This little box to the right contains the information you need to get hold of me. I am nomadic, which means I don't spend much time in my office, but you can always call, email or send a message through facebook. I try to respond to all questions within 24 hours.
Women Gender & Sexuality Studies