geographic information systems, GIS, geospatial data, mapping, visualization, spatial analysis, geocoding, GIS training, GIS software
Last Updated: Apr 23, 2014
- Kansas- Data Access and Support Center (state GIS clearinghouse)
- Douglas County, KS historic air photos ('Imagery and Raster' category)
KU Libraries, DASC
- Kansas City metro-area- Mid-America Regional Council
- Wyandottee Co. and Kansas City, KS- Unified Government
- Johnson County, KS- AIMS
- Sedgwick County, KS
- U.S. current and historic topographic maps- Map Locator, U.S. Geological Survey
- ESRI Data (download via site license)
Go to 'Access' tab: Data and Maps, Tapestry, Census, American Community Survey, Consumer Spending
- World, U.S., Europe, Canada, Mexico- ESRI Data and Maps
- ArcGIS online- Connect to online data through ESRI
- KU Libraries GIS data on CD/DVD
Many from government agencies (USGS, NOAA, US Census Bureau). See tips below to find in catalog.
1. Click 'Set Other Search Limits'
2. Set Location to 'Anschutz Library (all collections)'
3. Click 'Set Limits'
4. Click on 'Advanced Search' tab
-In first search box enter: dvd or cdrom or cd rom
-In second search box enter: soil, landcover, data, etc.
-Search by: keyword anywhere, titles, subject headings, etc.