Resources for beginning to advanced students about all topics related to the Portuguese language and Brazilian Studies.
Last Updated: Jun 24, 2014
Cristo Redentor, Pão de Açúcar (Wikimedia Commons)
This subject guide was designed to help beginning to advanced students conduct research on all topics related to the Portuguese language and Brazilian Studies. It offers quick links to key resources listed below and more:
Courses offered at KU during the fall semester of 2014:
- Portuguese Catalog of Courses for KU
- Portuguese 104 - Elementary Brazilian Portuguese I
Beginning Portuguese course.
- Portuguese 106 - Elementary Brazilian Portuguese, Accelerated I
Designed for students proficient in Spanish (or with previous work in Portuguese) to acquire proficiency in Portuguese more rapidly.
- Portuguese 212 - Intermediate Brazilian Portuguese I
A review of Brazilian Portuguese grammar, with practice in reading, composition, and conversation through the study and discussion of Brazilian prose selections.
- Portuguese 365 - Studies in Brazilian Film
A theoretical and historical approach to Brazilian film with particular attention to thematic concerns, such as cultural and national identity, and of literary discourse. Given in Portuguese or English.
- Portuguese 612 - Accelerated Basic Portuguese for Spanish Speakers II
A continuation of PORT 611, with special emphasis on reading and writing skills.
- Portuguese 785 - Special Topics: Brazilian Culture & Literature
Topics vary by semester.
Chat is offline. Click here to submit your question via email.